A training opportunity which is not on Homeport: The Naval Sea Cadet Corps in conjunction with the National Flight Academy is offering a one-week Winter training opportunity, December 27-31 in Pensacola, FL.
“Experience one of the most exciting and immersive learning adventures in the world aboard the world’s largest simulated aircraft carrier. An experience for 7-12th graders that inspires interest in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). Participants live for 6 days in a multi-story, 102,000 square foot facility experiencing theme-park style thrills surrounded by advanced technology, flight simulators, and virtual reality games that ignite imagination and encourage learning.”
This training is $200 – the program normally costs $1,000. Signups must be done by parents, we cannot register via Magellan.
From USNSCC National Training Director:
Good News–the National Flight Academy and the USS Ambition, the worlds only land-locked aircraft carrier, survived Hurricane Michael. Sea Cadet and League Cadets slot are still available for a one-week Wintertraining opportunity.
- League Cadets currently in 7th grade and have completed NLCC Orientation, Basic are eligible to apply.
- Sea Cadets in the rate of SA or higher are eligible to apply.
Registering for the training is done through the National Flight Academy, “FIRST”. The cost of the training will be $200 paid directly to the National Flight Academy. Upon acceptance by the National Flight Academy, registration in Magellan for orders can be accomplished by the unit. The date and link for the week:
- 27 December – 31 December 2018
- This private Registration Link “must” be used: https://tinyurl.com/y8rttlpw The deadline to apply is November 29th 2018 at 5:00 PM CST!
- Registration “must” be done by the parent(s)/guardian on behalf of the cadet.
- Click on “Register for this session” (Do NOT click to view other sessions).
- Create your online account through the registration portal, and then add your child as a person to the account.
- Select the attendee who has been approved for this session, and click “Next.”
- Complete each page including the NFA Camper Health Form and Policies & Release of Liability Form.*All boxes must have an answer or N/A.
- Select “Proceed to Check out.” DO NOT PROCEED TO PAYMENT YET.
- On the My Cart page, click on the link that reads “Add your Discount Code Here,” and type in the NFA promotion code WINTER2018.
- Your reservation will not be saved until you click “Complete Order.”
Cadets must be registered no later than November 29th 2018 at 5:00 PM CST!