An applicant MUST:
(1) be a United States citizen;
(2) speak, read, and write in English
(3) be ten years of age or older
(4) be passing in school (in a regular or in an advanced program)
(5) never have been arrested
(6) present a U.S. Birth Certificate (or naturalization papers) and a Social Security card
(7) provide a photocopy of a current immunization certificate or ‘shot card’ (must have USN and Public School ‘requireds’)
(8) have parental (or legal guardians’) approval
(9) interview for a billet
(10) be interested in learning and
(11) be committed to performing to the highest standards.
An annual medical examination similar to a high school sports physical is required for all cadet applicants to the Naval Sea Cadet Corps (NSCC) or Navy League Cadet Corps (NLCC) as well as current cadets.
No one will be denied admission to the NSCC/NLCC due to a medical disability. Where a medical condition precludes full, unlimited participation, a Request for Accommodation (NSCADM 015) may be presented by the parent or guardian for review so the cadet may participate in NSCC activities to the maximum extent possible.
Adult applicants must be in good health commensurate with their age group and be free from any ailment or condition that would prevent them from satisfactorily performing their primary duty of supervising youth. NOTE: Adults not physically qualified to perform all duties may still participate with a waiver from NHQ considering the parameters of their expected contribution to the NSCC program.
Download the following application form: Cadet Application and Agreement – there are 11 pages in 6 sections (Member Information and Declarations, Report of Medical History, Report of Medical Examination, Report of Medical History Supplemental, Request for Accommodation, Parental Support). All pages must be present when submitted.
We also require a Statement of Understanding to be signed by both the cadet and parents: Statement of Understanding.
Note the above forms have been annotated with our unit information for convenience.
Other administrative forms, including non-annotated individual sections of the above all inclusive form can be found on HomePort (https://homeport.seacadets.org) under Forms and Templates > Administrative Forms (link).