Checkout the the Training List on Homeport for training opportunities this winter. East coast trainings seems a little sparse, but there are some opportunities and more may appear, so keep an eye on it. There are some Winter Recruit Trainings as well for new recruits as well in Florida. If anyone has any interest in any training, please advise ASAP.
Another opportunity which is not on Homeport: The Naval Sea Cadet Corps in conjunction with the National Flight Academy is offering a one-week Winter training opportunity, December 27-31 in Pensacola, FL.
“Experience one of the most exciting and immersive learning adventures in the world aboard the world’s largest simulated aircraft carrier. An experience for 7-12th graders that inspires interest in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). Participants live for 6 days in a multi-story, 102,000 square foot facility experiencing theme-park style thrills surrounded by advanced technology, flight simulators, and virtual reality games that ignite imagination and encourage learning.”
This training is open to:
- League Cadets currently in 7th grade and have completed NLCC Orientation, Basic are eligible to apply.
- Sea Cadets in the rate of SA or higher are eligible to apply.
If there is an interest in this, please advise. Currently, PO3/LC4 Elliott and PO3/LC4 Loring have expressed interest.
All cadets and parents:
Here is a list of items to keep in mind about our Giving Bean fundraiser:
1. Think of family and friends and neighbors, especially those who drink coffee and tea.
Start and share with them the opportunity to support our division. If you go to your neighbors, you can wear your NWUs (and smile). Go to people you know.
2. Be ready to explain what Sea Cadets is in one or two sentences. Be ready to share at least one thing you learned or one activity you enjoyed with Sea Cadets.
Example: U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps is a non-profit youth leadership development program for ages 10 through the completion of high school.
3. Fill out the row on the order form with their name, address, and the number of each item they are buying. Collect all payments so they, along with the order form, can be brought to our next drill in October (10/20-21). BE SURE TO KEEP A COPY OF YOUR ORDER FORM FOR YOURSELF – take a picture of it.
Checks are to be written to “USNSCC”.
4. If you will not be at the October drill, then please mail a copy of your order form and all payments to: Adele Brooks, 2914 Cheshire Rd, Wilmington, DE 19810.
BE SURE TO KEEP A COPY OF YOUR ORDER FORM FOR YOURSELF – take a picture of it.
Please mail no later than Friday 10/19!!
5. For family and friends that are not local, they can support us as well. The following is a link to where they can order online. NOTE: Our unit will receive 25% of online sales while receiving 40% of order form sales.
6. Goal for each cadet: Sell 15 items. (We understand that for families with more than one cadet this may be challenging but we appreciate you doing the best you can)
7. If people want to donate in addition to or instead of buying, please fill a row out for them on the order form with the donation amount on the far right. There is a place on the form towards to the bottom for total donations (not sales) collected.
8. AGAIN – Order forms with all payments (checks) due by October Drill Weekend 10/20-21. (BE SURE TO KEEP A COPY OF YOUR ORDER FORM FOR YOURSELF, take a picture!)
9. See attached for the attached Giving Bean Order Form PDF – if you need a new one or additional one. You can make as many copies as you need.
10. After we submit our unit’s order, it will take a week or two to receive it, i.e. in early November. We would hope that you can get all the items to our supporters soon thereafter. So be ready to make time in early to mid November to do so.
Check out the WDEL article and video on the 151st Wilmington Memorial Day Parade, prominently featuring PO3 Sharpe: