All cadets and parents:
Here is a list of items to keep in mind about our Giving Bean fundraiser:
1. Think of family and friends and neighbors, especially those who drink coffee and tea.
Start and share with them the opportunity to support our division. If you go to your neighbors, you can wear your NWUs (and smile). Go to people you know.
2. Be ready to explain what Sea Cadets is in one or two sentences. Be ready to share at least one thing you learned or one activity you enjoyed with Sea Cadets.
Example: U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps is a non-profit youth leadership development program for ages 10 through the completion of high school.
3. Fill out the row on the order form with their name, address, and the number of each item they are buying. Collect all payments so they, along with the order form, can be brought to our next drill in October (10/20-21). BE SURE TO KEEP A COPY OF YOUR ORDER FORM FOR YOURSELF – take a picture of it.
Checks are to be written to “USNSCC”.
4. If you will not be at the October drill, then please mail a copy of your order form and all payments to: Adele Brooks, 2914 Cheshire Rd, Wilmington, DE 19810.
BE SURE TO KEEP A COPY OF YOUR ORDER FORM FOR YOURSELF – take a picture of it.
Please mail no later than Friday 10/19!!
5. For family and friends that are not local, they can support us as well. The following is a link to where they can order online. NOTE: Our unit will receive 25% of online sales while receiving 40% of order form sales.
6. Goal for each cadet: Sell 15 items. (We understand that for families with more than one cadet this may be challenging but we appreciate you doing the best you can)
7. If people want to donate in addition to or instead of buying, please fill a row out for them on the order form with the donation amount on the far right. There is a place on the form towards to the bottom for total donations (not sales) collected.
8. AGAIN – Order forms with all payments (checks) due by October Drill Weekend 10/20-21. (BE SURE TO KEEP A COPY OF YOUR ORDER FORM FOR YOURSELF, take a picture!)
9. See attached for the attached Giving Bean Order Form PDF – if you need a new one or additional one. You can make as many copies as you need.
10. After we submit our unit’s order, it will take a week or two to receive it, i.e. in early November. We would hope that you can get all the items to our supporters soon thereafter. So be ready to make time in early to mid November to do so.